Post Traumatic arthritis is considered as a common form of arthritis in which the ankle or foot joints get worn out. The leading cause of this type of arthritis is any injury causing damage to the cartilage or bone. Post Traumatic arthritis is mostly found in athletes, but as
per experts, everyone is prone to it. There are some risk factors listed below of Post Traumatic arthritis
- Any direct injury or trauma affecting the foot
- Some conditions such as sprain or fracture can lead to Post Traumatic arthritis
- A situation when there is no proper healing of foot fractures and affects bone or cartilage
Symptoms of Post Traumatic arthritis
Below are some common early as well as late symptoms of Post Traumatic arthritis:
- Severe pain in the foot
- Tenderness along with stiffness around the foot
- Restricted motion
- Severe swelling
- Incapability to carry out any physical activity
- Deformity of the joint
- Redness or warm sensation in the affected joint
- Creaking or crunching sound at the time of moving
- Development of bone spurs as well as lumps around the joint
- Fluid buildup in the joint
Diagnose of Post Traumatic arthritis
It is necessary to take advice if the patient experiences any of the above symptoms for the observation and early treatment.Your orthopedic surgeon will physically examine your symptoms to study the exact cause. He may also perform several imaging tests such as MRI, X-ray, and CT scan to know other orthopedic conditions. Sometimes blood tests may also be recommended.
Treatment of Post Traumatic arthritis
Treatment of Post Traumatic arthritis entirely depends upon your diagnose report. Some treatment options for Post Traumatic arthritis are
- Medications– some medications may e prescribed by the specialist to relieve pain and inflammation.
- Physical therapy– in some cases doctor will recommend you to visit a physical therapist so that you can gain back your lost flexibility along with strength.
- Orthodics– it is the procedure in which there is a use of shoe inserts or else arch supports or any type of special footwear to give you comfort and support.
- Surgery – In severe Post Traumatic arthritis cases knee replacement, arthroscopy, and arthroplasty surgery may be suggested by your orthopedic surgeon.
Dr.Ashok Rajgopal is an Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement Surgeon, Gurgaon
- Experienced and respected Orthopaedic surgeon in India
- Having experience of over 32 years
- Outstanding record of carrying out 25,000 Total Knee Replacement surgeries
Dr. I.P.S.Oberoi –is an Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement Surgeon, Gurgaon
- Having 25 years of experience
- Performed more than 7000 joint replacements with excellent 97 percent success rates
Dr. Rakesh Mahajan is an Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement Surgeon, New Delhi
- Having over 18 years of experience
- Specializes in knee replacement surgeries, Sports medicine along with arthroscopy
- Currently working as Sr. Consultant in BLK Centre for Orthopaedics, Joint Reconstruction and Spine Surgery
Dr. Pradeep Sharma is an Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement Surgeon, New Delhi
- Having 40 years of experience in Joint Replacement & Joint Reconstruction Surgery
- Deals with routine trauma, infections, and diseases linked the skeleton, tumor resections, as well as bone grafting techniques.
Dr. Gyan Sagar Tucker – Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement Surgeon, New Delhi
- Having more than 27 years of experience
- Currently associated as the Head of Orthopaedics and Joint replacement department of Max Super Smart Specialty Hospital
- Expertise in Hip and Knee Joint Replacements, use of the Ilizarov Technique, Difficult Fracture Management, Special Surgeries of the Slipped Disc, and Spinal Trauma
Post Traumatic arthritis is one of the most common conditions and cause of total knee replacement following primary arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. The number of surgeries is increasing day by day. Thus it is essential to stay updated and above list of best knee replacement surgeon in India will help you with this.