Have you got struck in deciding whether to choose Invisalign or traditional braces? Your smile is the first thing that people will notice when they meet you and it will make you feel good and boost confidence level. But if you are not happy with your improved smile, then this may lessen your self-esteem. Many people face several dental issues such as crowded teeth, underbite, overbite and misaligned teeth.
With the help of Invisalign, it has become quite easy to straighten teeth but how you will know if clear aligners or traditional braces are the right option for your case. Go through this blogpost to know about some benefits of Invisalign procedure and compare them with other teeth-straightening methods.
Braces can help to reposition and straighten your teeth by using metal or plastic brackets and wires or rubbers band. The dentist tightens your brackets at the initial visits to change the position of your teeth but wearing braces will change daily habits of the person. Though the latest advancements in technology have improved traditional braces, there are still some cons to wearing them. This is why clear aligners have gained more popularity over the traditional ones in the recent times.
Invisalign, or “invisible aligners,” is a revolutionary method that can help to correct your dental complications. Your teeth are aligned to their proper place by using clear braces that will fit on your teeth and make it almost impossible for others to notice.
When it is about Invisalign versus traditional braces, there are both pros and cons for each option. Invisalign in London just like other places can provide several benefits that might surprise you.
Benefits of Invisalign braces
- Easy to clean – The traditional braces are quite difficult to clean and maintain. When you eat or enjoy a family dinner, keeping your teeth clean is a painful procedure. When using Invisalign, it is easy to remove the aligner trays. You need to brush gently with Fluoride contained toothpaste and warm water before reinstalling it inside your mouth.
- Fewer visits to the dentist – Metal braces will require going to your dentist’s office for tightening the metal wires or rubber bands. On the other hand, Invisalign provides complete freedom to enjoy daily activities while ensuring your teeth are repositioned properly. When starting with Invisalign, you will get aligner trays for the present phase and several phases. Getting the trays early will enable you to move on to the next phase without going for another dental visit.
- No adjustments with food – With Invisalign, you can eat and drink whatever you want as the aligners are removable. This will lessen the time to clean your teeth afterward but you should brush teeth and rinse mouth properly before reinstalling the clear braces.
- Make your look and feel better – Orthodontic patients such as adults want to hide they are performing Invisalign treatment and this is possible when you wear clear aligners as they are almost invisible. No one will know you are wearing braces unless you tell them.
- More comfortable to wear – Even though you might not have worn braces earlier, the issues with discomfort is nothing new. The traditional braces work by the brackets and wires that cause tension at the time of repositioning your teeth. The tightening of the brackets causes soreness till the tension gets lessened thus, resulting in some discomfort. Wearing Invisalign will allow you to remove the trays at the time of brushing, flossing, eating and drinking. Invisalign lessens the discomfort of pain and scraping against your cheeks, gums or tongue.
- Safe for children, adolescents and adults – Invisalign is a safe option for children, adolescents and adults. While children between the age group of 8-12 are assessed for their dental problems and the probable use of straightening teeth, many dentists suggest waiting till your child is 13 or 14 to get Invisalign. Though the decision will be different for each case, children should not use Invisalign due to the responsibility of maintenance and possible loss of the aligner trays.
- Solve your dental problems – Dental issues are different for each person and some alignment problems that require wearing braces or Invisalign include:
- Crowded Teeth
- Misaligned Teeth
- Gap Teeth
- Open bite
The use of orthodontics can help with biting and crowding issues that decrease the rate of cavities and gum disease. You need to book an appointment with your dentist and discuss about the possible treatment. If you want to go for Invisalign, then your Invisalign provider will tell how the treatment will meet your individual needs.
- Better option than other braces – Nowadays, the competitors are always trying to offer similar kinds of products but the quality and price for these products might cost you more in the long run. With different teeth-straightening products available through online purchases, dental evaluation is not a part of the process but they provide the same results as Invisalign at a lower price. Regular visits to your dentist’s office while performing the treatment ensures the products are working properly and there haven’t been any issues till date.
Thus, you will have to search for an Invisalign provider who can help you to perform the best Invisalign in London and get your teeth straightened for the confident look.