This is what you need to know about a home care bed!
Are you considering buying a home care bed? A home care bed, also called a care bed, is a hospital bed with all the functionalities you need, but with a homely look and finished with wooden panels of beds co uk. You can order a home care bed as a private individual and it is not supplied as standard via a home care organization.
In this blog article, we tell you everything you need to know about buying or renting a car bed. We explain the advantages of a home care bed compared to a senior bed; you can read which mattresses are suitable and which sizes we can supply. We also describe the difference between the Basic care bed and the comfy care bed. Based on this information, you can make an informed choice and buy or rent the right care bed.
Benefits of a home care bed vs. a senior bed
If you want to buy a home care bed, you may wonder what the difference is between a care bed and a senior bed. After all, a senior bed also has a comfortable entry height and can also be supplied with an electrically adjustable slatted base.
Below you can read what the advantages of a home care bed are compared to a senior bed:
A care bed always has an electrically adjustable slatted base. The head and foot end can be operated separately from each other with remote control;
- The bed comes standard with a bed latch and side rails;
- The lower leg section can be placed in 5 different positions;
The care bed is easy to clean;
The bed has a carrying weight of up to 185 kilos and is equipped with an emergency lowering function so that you can lower the bed even in the event of a power failure. In the event of a power failure, you can always return the bed to the lying position thanks to the emergency lowering function;
- The 4 wheels make it easy to move the bed.
- That’s why you buy a care bed at Bedroom web
Unique at Bedroom web! You and your partner can sleep together in the same bed for years to come, even if one of the two needs a home care bed. You can choose to create a double bed in one-bed conversion with a care bed on one side and a senior’s bed on the other. Do you want matching bedside tables? That too is possible! This gives peace of mind to your bedroom.
We give you 3 more reasons why you should buy your care bed from Bedroom web:
- The bed is easy and quick to assemble without the need for tools.
- Depending on the stock, you can have the care bed at home within 2 weeks. Do you need the bed faster?
- We deliver & assemble the bed for you free of charge.
Mattresses care bed
Most mattresses are not suitable for a home care bed, because they offer insufficient comfort to bedridden people and cannot move well with an electric slatted base. Mattresses that are higher than 22 cm are also not suitable. The mattress is then higher than the bed rails, so you run the risk of falling out of bed. In our web shop, you will find two mattresses that are suitable for the care bed. With normal use, both mattresses last about 10 years.
The Viscos super comfortable mattress. This is a memory foam mattress that reduces pressure, offers very good support, and is ultra-ventilating. The mattress has 7-zone support that ensures that your spine is straight. This is a firm mattress that you don’t have to turn over.
The Megaspore excellence mattress is a cold foam mattress that consists of 7 zones. These 7 zones provide perfect support and provide you with the support you need. This mattress is available in flexible, medium, and firm versions.
In the future, you will also find mattresses with an incontinence cover in our range.
- The mattresses are standard available in sizes 90×200 and 100×200 cm. Are you looking for an extra-long mattress? You can also contact us for lengths of 210 and 220 cm.
- If you have any questions about the possibilities or about renting one of our care beds, please contact us.
- View our contact page for opening times of our specialty store in Stephen and our contact details.