Ephedrine hydrochloride 30mg tablets help in giving temporary relief from shortness of breath, wheezing due to bronchial asthma, and chest tightness.
Ephedrine HCL works as a decongestant and bronchodilator. It reduces swelling and constricting blood vessels of the nasal passages. It also widens the lung airways allowing you to breathe more easily.
Do not consume ephedrine if:
- You are allergic to this medicine.
- You are not diagnosed with asthma.
- You have a diagnosis of asthma, but you are following prescription asthma medication.
- You were ever hospitalised for asthma.
- You are consuming monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitor (e.g., phenelzine) now or consumed MAO inhibitor in the last 14 days. If you do not know whether your current prescription drug contains an MAO inhibitor, seek advice from your health care provider.
- You have difficulty with high blood pressure, any severe heart disease, irregular heartbeat, diabetes, thyroid, or pain in urination due to the enlarged size of the prostate gland.
Contact your doctor if any of the conditions mentioned above apply to you before consuming the ephedrine hydrochloride 30mg tablets.
Precautions with Ephedrine
Some medical conditions may react with ephedrine hydrochloride 30mg tablets negatively. Tell your doctor prior if any of the following medical conditions apply to you:
- If you are planning for a pregnancy or you are pregnant or are breast-feeding.
- If you are on prescribed or non-prescribed medication, herbal preparation, or any other dietary supplement.
- If you are allergic to medicines or other food substances.
- If you have a history of any heart disease, glaucoma, diabetes, prostate-related problems, adrenal gland issue, high blood pressure, blood vessel problems, thyroid, or severe asthma.
Apart from medical conditions, certain medicines also react with ephedrine hydrochloride 30mg tablets. Inform your primary care physician if you are using any of the following medicines.
- Beta-blockers, indomethacin, cocaine, MAO inhibitors, linezolid, oxytocic medicines, rauwolfia derivatives, tricyclic antidepressants, or ergot alkaloids. These medicines react with Ephedrine HCL and increase the side effects.
- Other medicines that contain bromocriptine, digoxin, Catechol-O-methyl transferase can cause side effects on the body when reacting with ephedrine.
- Effectiveness of medicines like guanadrel, mecamylamine, methyldopa, guanethidine, or reserpine decreases if consumed with ephedrine.
However, this is not the complete list of medicines that interact with ephedrine. Ask your doctor whether ephedrine reacts with other medicines that you take.
How to Use Ephedrine?
Ephedrine pills UK are readily available at any medical store. Consult your doctor and check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Ephedrine pills are consumable with or without food.
- If you are taking ephedrine regularly and skip a dose, then take is as soon as possible. If it is almost time of the next dose, then skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule. Do not consume two doses at once.
Some Important Safety Information
- Ephedrine may cause dizziness. Therefore, do not drive or operate any critical machinery after consuming the tablet.
- If your signs do not improve within a week or if you develop a fever, consult with your doctor.
- Do not take diet or appetite control medicines when you are onto ephedrine medication.
- Ephedrine may affect the blood sugar of diabetic patients.
- If you become pregnant wife or are breast-feeding while you are taking ephedrine medication, consult your doctor and learn about the risks involved.
- Before you starting any other medicines, consult your doctor about its reaction with ephedrine.
Side-Effects of Consuming Ephedrine
Ephedrine can cause no or minor side effects. The following are the most common side effects of ephedrine:
- Dizziness, nausea, headache, tremor, nervousness, restlessness, stomach irritation, loss of appetite, or sleeplessness.
- In case of severe allergic reactions such as rash, hives, swelling of the mouth, face or lips, difficulty in breathing or chest tightness, contact your doctor immediately.
Store the ephedrine pills UK at room temperature between 15 to 25 degrees. Keep the medicine away from heat, moisture, and direct sunlight. Keep ephedrine out of the reach of children and pets.
Some General Information
- If you have any queries or doubts related to the dosage or intake of ephedrine hydrochloride 30mg tablets, talk with your doctor or pharmacist.
- Do not share the medicine with others. Follow the prescription of the dosage schedule.
- If your symptoms worsen instead of getting better, check with your doctor immediately.