Phimosis and Paraphimosis are the conditions in males in which a skin called the foreskin covers the head of the penis. Phimosis is a male problem in which the foreskin is tightly stretched around the head of the penis and which could not be pulled free and occurs naturally. On the other hand, Paraphimosis Occurs at the time when the foreskin is pulled back behind the head og penis and becomes stuck. In this condition, it becomes difficult to pull the skin back behind the head of the penis and stuck. It could not be placed forward in its usual position.
Symptoms of Phimosis and Paraphimosis
Phimosis is a condition mostly painless, but in this condition, the tight foreskin interferes with urination and sexual function. Also, this condition it makes it difficult for the man to clean under the skin, and it leads to infection. On the other hand, Paraphimosis leads to painful swelling and the head of a penis. It can also have severe loss of blood flow to the head of the penis and can cause a deep purple colour penis head.
Top Doctors For Phimosis and Paraphimosis Treatment Treatment in India
- Dr Amrith Raj Rao has 19 years of experience
- Dr Gautam Banga having 12 years of experience
- Dr Sarabpreet Singh having 16 years of experience
- Dr Manav Suryavanshi having 18 years of experience
Phimosis and Paraphimosis in Children
These are the conditions when there is a problem with the foreskin of the penis. Phimosis is when a foreskin cannot be pulled down from the tip of the penis. It is a very common problem in young boys. Paraphimosis is when the foreskin can’t move back up. It can cause severe issues as it prevents normal blood flow in the penis.
Causes of Phimosis and Paraphimosis in children
Phimosis and Paraphimosis are common conditions in boys, especially in children. Phimosis is caused by the tightening of the opening of the foreskin and is a very normal condition in the newborn babies. With time this condition easily heals out as the foreskin loosens and could be pulled back easily. At the age of 17 boys recover this problem naturally. On the other hand, Paraphimosis is caused when the foreskin is retracted behind the crown and is retracted behind the crown of the penis. The skin is too tight to be moved, and it should be treated as soon as possible, as it can lead to many other serious issues.
Phimosis and paraphimosis symptoms in children
Below are some common symptoms of Phimosis and Paraphimosis in children:
- Cannot fully retract the foreskin
- Bulging of the foreskin while urinating
- Symptoms of Paraphimosis in children
- Swelling of tip of the penis when the foreskin is pulled backwards
- Pain while urinating
- Decrease urinary stream
Quick facts about Phimosis and Paraphimosis
Quick facts about Phimosis and Paraphimosis are conditions when male babies are born with loose skin that covers the end of the penis that loose skin is termed as the foreskin. Many babies have the foreskin removed several days following the birth, and this process of removal of the foreskin is known as circumcision.below are some quick facts that we have listed below to help you understand more clearly:
- Phimosis and Paraphimosis are the conditions that only happens to men who had not been circumcised.
- Out of Phimosis and Paraphimosis, the first one is normal in newborns as well as a young boy and goes away with passing the time.
- Paraphimosis, on the other hand, is an emergency condition and should be treated instantly.
- Phimosis is normal and is caused by infection or else long term irritation.
- Paraphimosis is caused by foreskin swelling after pulled over the head of the penis.
If there is no symptom in the Phimosis condition, then there is no need for any treatment, especially in children. In older boys as well as men with it, good hygiene, along with instant treatment of infection, is needed. In many cases, persistent infection occurs, and corrective surgery needs to be performed. Keep in mind that it is an emergency if Paraphimosis occurs, and the patient cannot pull the foreskin back. There is a need for instant treatment to create a list in the foreskin. Phimosis and paraphimosis treatment cost in India may vary from place to place and should be checked beforehand.