If students and professionals want to try their hand at entrepreneurship and want to become successful entrepreneurs from the comfort of their homes, then distance MBA in Entrepreneurship is the course for them.
An MBA in Entrepreneurship grants knowledge to students on ways of becoming successful entrepreneurs. It teaches them to transform innovations into business goods. This degree in Entrepreneurship is intended to furnish students with the knowledge, essential skills, and networks needed for becoming successful innovators and entrepreneurs. It equips students with the ability to create innovative business ideas, make the ideas into product and service offerings, and later design a business venture for taking their business ideas to the market. Apart from that, the students also learn how to seek venture capital financing for their business ideas and ways of developing commercial business organizations.
The job of an Entrepreneur is very different and does not suit everyone’s personality. Being one of the most hard working professions, the job needs a sufficient amount of creativity for creating a successful venture. The students are required to have strong risk-taking power for opting for a career in Entrepreneurship. After completing their distance MBA, students can opt for other courses in the same domain.
Objectives of an MBA in Entrepreneurship
- Equipping students with the required tools and concepts for having a career as entrepreneurs or investors in various entrepreneurial ventures.
- Providing a valuable understanding of private equity, venture capital, small businesses, and social entrepreneurship.
- Displaying a crucial awareness of various contemporary issues that are informed through leading-edge research and practice in the field of Entrepreneurship.
- Critically evaluating the contemporary and classical approaches to corporate strategy.
- Develop an understanding of different concepts for starting a solo business or starting a career as an investor.
- Evaluating both quantitative and qualitative research methods and techniques.
- Creatively analyzing the business environment, recognition of numerous opportunities, and the process of business idea-generation.
Career Prospects of an MBA in Entrepreneurship
Distance MBA in Entrepreneurship opens up doors to various careers in fields like marketing, sales, advertising, etc. The students get placed in positions of the Managerial or Executive levels, like Financial Manager, Marketing Manager, Human Resource Manager, etc. which keep advancing with an increase in experience and skills.
Some of the top recruiters in the country are:
- AT Kearney
- Reckitt Benckiser
- Hindustan Unilever Ltd.
- Heidelberg Cement
The industries hiring successful MBA Entrepreneurship graduates are:
- Information technology
- Small and medium enterprise management
The various job roles of graduates are:
- Small Business Owners
- Business Consultants
- Business Reporters
- Fundraisers and Development Officers
- Sales Managers
- New Venture Developers
Best Institutes for Distance MBA in Entrepreneurship
- Suresh Gyan Vihar University: Established in 2012, the Suresh Gyan Vihar University – Distance Education (SGVU-DE) serves the aspiring MBA students who are unable to enter the regular colleges for their higher education. It offers BBA and BCA in its undergraduate programs and MBA and MCA in its postgraduate programs. Being acknowledged by UGC-AICTE-DEB, Govt. of India, the SGVU distance programs have been selected by Russia’s EMAS Business School. One of the bonuses of studying from SGVU is that the students who are pursuing or have completed their distance MBA from SGVU can have the opportunity to study various higher education programs in Russia’s EMAS Business School. After partnering with Talentedgenext, the institute has reached out to students in remote areas for providing them with quality education in the comfort of their homes.
- Amity Directorate of Distance and Online Education: ADDOE or Amity Directorate of Distance and Online Education offers state-of-the-art and excellent learning management system (LMS), that involves various personal contact programs (PCP), audiovisual study materials, and webinars. The distance MBA of this institute has been ranked amongst Asia’s Top MBA Program by QS and also secured 34th position worldwide in rankings for the year 2019. All the distance education programs have been approved by the Distance Education Bureau (DEB) of the University Grant Commission (UGC). The Amity Directorate of Distance and Online Education offers UG and PG courses in various fields.
- Venkateshwara Open University: The Venkateshwara Open University has been constantly ranked amongst the Top Universities in India for providing excellent distance education to students from all parts of the country. It is a part of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) and has been approved by the University Grants Commission (UGC). The university offers various UG, PG, Certificate courses, Doctoral, Diploma, and PG Diplomas in different specializations like Management, Science, Education, Computer & Information Sciences, Fine Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences, Tourism, Journalism & Mass Communication, Hospitality Management, Entrepreneurship, Fashion Design, Vocational Education, etc. The Venkateshwara Open University has been conferred with the “Global Education Skill Summit” Award at the Indian International Center in the year 2017.
Not many institutes are successful in imparting the right education to students through distance education, and therefore, the three institutes mentioned above have gone above and beyond their capabilities for providing excellent distance education to its students. Being extremely famous for providing exceptional distance MBA in Entrepreneurship, the students of all these universities are successful entrepreneurs leading and guiding others in this highly competitive world.