Designing without a framework is like riding in the dark without headlights. Yes, it’s true a framework not only gives the right direction to work but also helps finish tasks with accuracy. Designing a website is a complex procedure that requires perfect balance and coordination on each step with the client and designer. Before you start building a new website or beginning with a new project framework is the first and foremost step that you need to begin with.
Designers face many issues while designing a website from scratch. That’s where a framework comes into consideration, and it will help you understand problems and provide you with the best web design services. It will also help you understand your client’s requirements and meet their needs too.
Here in this article, we have listed tips to create an effective design framework and also help you avoid mistakes. But before that, let’s understand why the framework is important?
Importance of Framework
If you’re into designing work, then you must be familiar with the term designing framework. If not, then we will tell you here. Framework in designing is an important step where you design a roadmap of the whole designing process. This is where you decide which platform you will choose, website theme, templates, colours to buttons, and everything in between. Designers most probably create a framework as per their client’s requirement and start the work once getting approval from their client.
It helps solve many designing issues and provides you with accurate answers. Here are other advantages of creating a designing framework:
- Help eliminate inconsistencies in the website designing
- Help complete designing work before deadlines
- Increase accuracy in work
- Improve communications between clients and other team members
- Make the whole design process less frustrating.
- Avoid extra designing costs and time.
Tips for Creating a Framework
Now you know framework is the solution to your problem and what it can do, but the question is how to create a framework? Well, don’t worry, read further to know-how.
Designing a framework from scratch is not an easy task, but start with creating a single sketch if you’re a beginner.
- To begin with, creating the outline of the whole website design: Keep User experience in mind. In the first step, develop a design hierarchy first, including colour scheme, layout and typography, etc. Then move to smaller parts of designing like forms, buttons, directions, menu, etc. This will simplify your work and help you give importance to each part of your website.
- Colour schemes: Colors play a crucial role in designing. It gives voice to your designs and helps you build a strong brand identity. While developing the framework of your website design, give preference to choosing the suitable colour schemes. Every single colour in designing required colour to raise interest among users and help connect with your users.
- Grids and white space: Grids and white spaces help organize everything in the right place and make your website readable. You can use both Vertical as well Horizontal grid system in your website or make your content readable, place everything in the right place. Also, give equal importance to white spaces on your website. It adds breathing space to your website and makes your website readable.
- Style: Every designer has their style of designing. Never forget that. Dig out the creativity from that to create a masterpiece. Choose a style that suits your brand, represents class and provides a better user experience to your customers.
- Content: Content will make your designing framework complete. High-quality content will help users understand your business and services. That’s why it is crucial to pay attention to writing and placing it in the right place. Identify hot places in your website where you want users to land and try to place the most appealing content there.
- Elements: Elements are the other most important part of your website. Logos, icons, buttons, search bars, header and footer, etc., are the most crucial designing elements that you can’t ignore while creating a designing framework. It will make your website more appealing and attract audiences to your website.
- Continuous testing: Last but not least is testing. It is crucial to test it regularly to check whether your framework is working or not. It will help improve your framework and add new features to the website to make it user-friendly and readable. Testing helps avoid designing errors, improves designs’ complexity, and makes the framework flexible enough to adjust quickly to any project.
Whether you’re planning to design a small image graphic or want to build something extraordinary, let’s say a website or application framework is always the first step that you need to take. Even experienced designers never initiate their work without a framework. Designing is all about planning and implementation, so next time whenever you start your work, give your clients a rough framework and wait for their approval to work more efficiently.
Ravi is a digital entrepreneur who has a vision of helping businesses to increase their online presence through websites, mobile applications, and SEO. He is the Founder & CEO of Webomaze Pty Ltd, a one-stop digital agency based in Melbourne.