Choosing the right career is an essential point when it comes to getting a good life in Delhi and India. Now there are several sectors and fields that you can opt for but the healthcare industry is massive and it is constantly expanding. This makes it very essential for professionals to keep the expansion and functioning of the field. The field itself has several allied fields but one of the most popular and important ones is the sector of Radiology and Imaging Technology.
The sector of Radiology and Imaging Technology helps carry out a few important healthcare activities including X-Ray. X-Ray plays a very important role in contributing to several medical procedures. If you are considering a career in the healthcare sector, you can look into the x ray technician course. Diploma in X-Ray Technology is a course that runs for 2 years and it has been specially designed to train the candidates on grounds of everything that is involved in the radiology sector.
The X-Ray Technology program is entirely career-oriented and it aims at training the students about the different aspects of radiology and imaging. Most importantly, they are also taught about how to use electronic radiation for the production of images of the core structure of the human body. Therefore, the 2-year long course aims to offer the aspirants with expert clinical skills where students are trained to perform different laboratory tests including X-Ray tests, radiographic tests, and so on.
Along with administrative talents, certificates, and qualifications, the study and application of electromagnetic technologies radiations are also offered to the students.
What are the Eligibility Criteria for Course?
Before you search for x-ray technician courses near me, you must know if you are eligible to apply for the course or not. Here are some of the key points that you must satisfy to take up the course:
- The aspirant must have had science as their stream in the 12th standard and they must have cleared their board exams from State Board, ICSE, CBSE, or any equivalent board.
- The aspirants must have scored an aggregate of 45% or more in the subjects including Mathematics, Biology, Physics, and Chemistry.
- The admission process varies from college to college and university to university. Most colleges give admission to conditions based on the performance of the University-level entrance exams. Therefore, the aspirants must appear for the specified exams as per the guidelines of the college that they have chosen. While on the other hand, some colleges offer admission directly based alone on just merit.
How is the Admission Process of the Course Done?
Taking part and choosing in the 2-year long diploma course of X-Ray Technology course can be very beneficial for anybody who wants to be a part of the allied healthcare sector. But to get into one of the allied healthcare colleges in India, you will need to take part in the admission process of the courses.
The admission process varies from institute to institute therefore the processes would be specified by each institute individually. When you go on to look for colleges, make sure you go through the specification about how to apply for the course. The most common ways using which the admission process is conducted are as follows:
- The aspirants are required to sit for a university-level entrance exam and once they have cleared it, the candidates walk into the selection process.
- A merit list containing the candidates and their score and ranks is then published by the concerned university.
- If the candidates have cleared the cutoff marks for the course, they would be asked to appear for a personal interview.
- Based on the overall performance of the candidate according to the different selection parameters, the candidates are chosen and given admission.
- A per the guidelines of the respective college, the aspiring candidates will be asked to appear for the selection processes.
- Based on the information provided by the candidates on the application forms, the colleges release a merit list showcasing the names of the shortlisted candidates.
- Thereafter, the candidates would have to go through further selection processes which may even include Personal Interview or Group Discussion.
- Based on the performance, the students will be selected and offered admission to the concerned university/college.
- This form of admission can be applicable under both entrance-based as well as merit-based admissions. For entrance-based admission, merit is calculated based on the marks scored in the entrance exam. While on the other hand, the qualifying exam marks of the individuals define their eligibility.
- The candidates are then asked to join the counseling rounds where they select the college and stream of their preference and accordingly get admitted.
What is the Usual Cost to Study the Course?
Every aspirant of the x-ray technician course will have to pay a fee annually to earn the certificate. The fee usually ranges from Rs. 20,000 to Rs. 95,000 but the fee is usually decided by the individual colleges and the average is around Rs. 50,000 per year. It should be noted that Government Colleges in Delhi offer the courses at much cheaper prices.