How Technology Boosted the Travel Industry
Traveling from one place or from one city to another helps human beings to get refreshed as well as rejuvenated, both at the same time. Along with helping the consumers on a whole, it contributes greatly towards the overall development of a nation.
Below mentioned are the contributions made by the tourism and travel industry towards development and growth.
Contribution of the Global Tourism and Travel Industry
- The global tourism and travel industry contributes around 7.6 trillion dollars towards the world’s gross domestic production or GDP.
- The global tourism and travel industry provides over 292 million jobs worldwide
- Supports in providing an export of over 30% services.
Through these points, thus it can be observed that the global tourism and travel industry on a whole contributes greatly to the overall development of a nation and the prosperity of the nation as well at the same time.
Along with the contributions it makes to the nation and the benefits it has for the users, the industry is experiencing a dramatic change greatly due to the digitization of its services mostly due to the incorporation of technology in the daily life of human beings.
Technology helps humans especially those who are traveling to travel in an even more convenient manner along with receive knowledge about the places that are being visited by them,
According to a study that was done by Google Travel, it was found that over 74% of travelers plan their travels through the internet.
The internet and mobile services, in particular, have drastically as well dramatically changed the way people have started planning as well as experiencing their trips along with helping the tourism industry perform all their tasks related to travel in an easy, quick as well as efficient manner.
Below mentioned are some reasons how technology, as well as technological innovations, have helped as well as boosted the travel industry on a whole and assisted it in its daily job and made it profitable at the same time for the entrepreneur.
Factors How Technology Has Assisted and Boosted the Travel Industry
- Ensures remote check-in where users can directly check-in and check out by adding the same online using the internet or their mobile devices
- Provides paperless boarding passes so that users can smoothly travel to their desired destination
- Technological innovations like GPS helps users navigate smoothly through especially when they are visiting a new city
- Encourages sharing economies where a house owner can rent out an unused part of their house for users to live in
- Encourages customer power by allowing users to provide feedback as well as reviews so as to keep improving as well as updating its services
- Provides more affordable booking flexibility feature to the user
- Technology has changed the way tour operators sell their tours as they can do so online
- Helps users get an interactive learning experience about the places being traveled by them
Thus, to sum up, technology and technological innovations on a whole have helped boost the tourism and travel industry on a whole and make it a flourishing as well as a profitable industry.