If you are facing a problem to configure your New Extender Setup or you wanted to connect your extender setup with your home wifi then you are on the right place. Just follow and remember the given instruction and configure your new extender setup easily.
Need to remember things before setting up your extender:
- Make sure that your new extender setup is plugged in with an electric socket.
- Make sure that your extender and your home wifi router is in the same room or near to extender for the setup only.
- Make sure that before setting up your extender no ethernet cable will connect with your extender.
- Make sure that you have a working internet while setting up your extender.
- Make sure that only one LED light is blinking on your extender. If other lights were blinking on your extender restart it.
After remembering these things you are now ready to connect your home wifi with your New Extender Setup. There are two different methods to configure your extender with your wifi: manual method and WPS mode.
SETUP YOUR NEW EXTENDER WITH MANUAL METHOD:
Want to set up your extender manually? Then follow the instructions and set up your extender with your home wifi.
- First you need to plug your WIFI Range extender setup and your home wifi router in an electrical plug.
- Then switch it on and make sure that only one LED light was blinking on the extender.
- After that connect your extender with your wifi router through an ethernet cable .
- After that take any device and launch the web browser.
- After that type URL Ap.Setup on the top of the address bar and click on the search button.
- In case the URL is not working you can also type the IP address that is 192.168.10.1
- After that the webpage is displayed on your screen that shows you to create your account.
- Fill your name,email and password and click on the submit button.
- After the login choose your wifi router and type the same password that you choose for your wifi.
- After that your extender and your router are connected with each other.
- You can also change the advanced and basic both setting through the web or you can also download the netgear genie app.
WANTED TO SETUP YOUR EXTENDER WITH WPS BUTTON?
If you want to set up your New Extender Setup with your home wifi with the use of a WPS button then all you need to do is follow the instructions and set up your extender with your router.
- First plugged your devices in an electrical socket and switch on.
- Make sure that no ethernet cable was connected with your extender while you set up your extender.
- After that make sure that the one LED light is blinking on the extender that means your extender is functioning.
- After that click on the WPS button on the both extender and the wifi router and leave it in 5-10 seconds.
- After that see the lights if the lights convert into solid green that means your extender is connected with your home wifi.
- If in case the extender is getting some troubleshooting to connect with the WPS button. Make sure the WPS button on extender is working.
- After that restart the extender and place it where you want to get the wifi signals.
If you still facing the problem to connect with you extender or you wanted to setup your extender through a technician you can visit on mywifiext.net and call on the customer care that display on the screen when you open the website.