Summary: In this article, we will focus on the question raised by Outlook users how to open another user’s OST file. We will describe the step by step process to perform this task.
When you use Outlook email application your mailbox data will be saved in a PST and in OST file on your system. OST files are the offline folder file of MS Outlook that stores the copy of the data items stored on the Exchange server. It allows Outlook users to work in offline mode. All the changes made by the user in the offline mode gets synchronized automatically when the connection is reestablished. One of the unique features of this OST file is that it is very system specific, so once this file has been exported to other systems then Outlook application will not open. This causes immense inconvenience to Outlook users. So the main question arises how to open another user’s OST file.
“Hello everyone! We are using Exchange online and Outlook 2016. One of our employee left the company, so his account was deleted from Exchange. But I have a copy of his OST file. I want to access the email messages without the Exchange account. Can anyone tell how can I open another user’s OST file? Thanks!
If you are facing a similar problem regarding how to open another user’s OST file? Then this article is for you. In this post, I am going to tell the solution to this problem. Before proceeding to the solution part. Let us first consider the situations when users want to open the OST file.
Scenarios When the User Wants to Open Third Persons OST File
There are various situations arises when the users want to know how to open another user’s OST file. Sometimes users need to access the OST file emails and other data items when they are not connected to Exchange or in case of Orphaned OST file.
How to Open Another User’s OST File: Explore Here
There is no direct solution or manual method available to open another user OST file, so to perform this task the user first has to convert OST file to PST file format, After this, the user has to import the PST file in Outlook application. In order to convert OST file data to PST file, the user can take the help of Microsoft OST to PST converter tool. By using this software the user can easily convert OST file to Outlook 2010 / 2013 / 2016 / 2019 compatible PST file. Here are some important features of this application.
Salient Features of Microsoft OST to PST Converter Tool
- Option to Export OST file data to Outlook PST / EML / MSG / Office 365 / HTML.
- Provides date filter option to export OST file emails.
- Decrypt and Remove S/MIME and OpenPGP encryption from OST file emails.
- The user can recover deleted OST file data.
- OST file conversion tool is compatible with all versions of MS Outlook.
Steps to Open Another User’s OST File
- Download and Install the OST file conversion tool on your system.
- Now click on Add file button to add the OST file in the software.
- Browse the OST file from your system.
- Now choose the Scan option from the quick scan and advanced scan.
- Click on Add button to start the scanning process.
- Now click on Export button and select the file format PST.
- Browse the destination location to save the data.
- Finally, click on the Export button to start the process.
There are many users who want to know how to open another user’s OST file. Thus in the above section, we have resolved the query faced by the users. There is no direct way to open and access the Orphaned OST file emails. So, in that case, the user can take the help of OST to PST converter application to perform this task.