The Kindle fire makes it very easy to reset the password from the settings menu. But what is needed is the current password. Today in this article, we are going to know how to reset kindle fire password without losing data.
So, even if you have forgotten the security passcode, you need to restore the device to the factory settings in order to access the kindle fire and all the features that are related to it. The moment you have performed the factory reset, you need to register again with Amazon credentials and then sync your device with the account to restore the saved items.
Although the information is stored, there are some applications that need to be downloaded again. There can be unfortunate circumstances in which you would need a factory reset to be completed. We will discuss the steps on how to do it.
This is one of the easiest processes that you can complete. This way you will have full access to the files, applications, and items that you may have purchased and downloaded on Amazon. This is going to include all the podcasts, e-books, and audiobooks.
Let us now see the steps through which you will be able to reset kindle fire password.
Well, the process of resetting the kindle fire password is very easy on the kindle. It is also very easy for beginners. Well, all it is going to take is exactly where to look and how to reset their password.
It may have been a while since you have used the kindle fire and you also want to make sure that it is fully charged and if there are any updates that need to be applied. This will make the process go more smoothly.
Steps to reset the Kindle Fire password:
- The first thing that you need to do is to go to the additional settings menu. Make sure to do this by tapping the quick settings option from the home screen and then tap More.
- Then select the security option in order to go to the security settings menu.
- After that navigate to the lock screen password by pressing in the lock screen password.
- Before you are changing the password, you will be asked to input the existing password on the screen.
- After that enter the new password and then re-enter it in order to confirm.
- Then at last when you are done, you need to press finish. Then you will be able to use the latest password.
There can be an instance that you have forgotten the Amazon credentials and it is very easy to recover. What you need to do is to log into the amazon account from the other device and then after a couple of failed tries, you need to click on the forget username and password.
This is going to allow you to have the link to reset the password that has been mailed to you. If you are not able to remember the email that you used, then there are various other recovery options available.
The moment you are sure that you have your account set up and you have logged in successfully, simply make sure that you have your Amazon credentials written down somewhere with the future reference.
So there are the steps through which you will be able to know how to reset kindle fire password without losing data.