Printing is the art of producing books, visiting cards, newspapers, brochures by using a device called a printer. The printer takes the input from the computer in the form of text and graphics and prints them on the standard-sized sheet of paper. The specifications of printers may vary in terms of size and speed depending upon their usage.
There are two most popular types of printers i.e inkjet and laser printers. Typically, inkjet printers are used in homes and offices and laser printers are specific solutions for digital printing agencies in Hyderabad.
The printing technology has gone through tremendous changes in the last few decades and many advancements have been made in the printing process.
Major Types of Printing Process -:
Below are the three main types of the professional printing process.
Offset Litho Printing
It is also known as “Offset lithography” & “litho-offset”. In this process, the image of the picture you want to print on the paper is first placed on metal plates and then to the rubber cylinder. Then the rubber cylinder transfers the image to the paper or other material.
This technique is widely used worldwide due to the excellent quality of the image and printing flexibility to print catalogues, branded coasters, mouse mats, books, & posters.
LED UV lithography printing is the advanced form of basic offset litho printing, which is widely used to print professional marketing related things. The most important feature of this new technology is that it dries up the printing ink instantly to maintain the quality of colours on the paper.
Here are some advantages of using offset lithography -:
- This is a very cost-effective method and requires very little maintenance cost.
- It has a fast turnaround and can print 50,000 plus sheets per hour.
- Versatility is another important feature of litho-offset. It is flexible enough to be used with various kinds of inks and materials.
In this process, the digital images are directly printed on the paper or other media substrate. Unlike litho printing, it does not require metal plates and rubber cylinders. Digital files in the form of PDF and TIFF are sent to the printing press for printing on clothes, paper, cardstock etc.
There are many reputable Digital Printing Agencies in Hyderabad which offers small and large format digital printing services. They design and print unique products and also allow their clients to place their order online.
Following are the different types of digital print media -:
- Synthetic substance
- Linen and polyester fabric
There are a variety of digital printing inks which are used for specific purposes. Some of them are solvent-based inks, UV curable inks, LED curable inks, water, based inks and more.
Advantages of digital printing over offset printing are as follows -:
- Less labour is required.
- Cost-effective for small volumes of production.
- No need for colour blending.
- It provides a wide range of colours to choose from.
- It is very environment friendly as it requires less ink and bypasses the plate cleaning process.
Screen printing is the process of transferring ink on the substrate with the help of stencils or mesh. This technique is used to print signage, fabrics, labels, glass, wood, and posters.
Following are some benefits of screen printing which makes it superior to other printing methods -:
- It produces high-quality images than both litho and digital printing
- It’s more durable.
- It is very cost-efficient for printing large quantities.
- Allows using the ink of greater thickness.
- The biggest advantage of screen printing is that it can be done on a material of any shape and size such as glass, wood etc.
In Final Words -:
Every printing method has its unique advantages. Therefore, choosing any printing methods will depend on the specific requirements, for example, screen printing is more beneficial for large quantities while digital printing technology will be more cost-effective for small quantities.