Skin is one of the most important organs of our body. It is just like a cloth that protects all valuable assets. You can imagine our skin like a piece of silk. A small tear in the piece of silk can make it defective and ruin its appearance, the same happens with our skin. A traumatic event, injury, burns, or scar can cause issues. Usually, scars occur in the affected area of the skin.
When you have a scar, you may wonder if it is bad or not. You should observe your scar. If it is small and doesn’t expand, also you don’t feel pain in it, then it is not bad. On the contrary, if it is bad for you then you should find ways to treat it. Don’t just hide it under the clothes or apply makeup on it to hide it from people’s eyes. But you should treat it for your sake. The truth is that scar is your worst enemy, you shouldn’t simply ignore its presence on your body. A scar cannot completely go away from your skin, but you should find the ways through which you can treat it and reduce its appearance. Do Know About: Wart Removal Dubai
How Does Scarring Happen?
Before moving towards the selection of the procedure, you should know how does scarring happens. Basically, it is a natural part when your body is healing from a condition. The appearance of the scar and the treatment may depend on happens aspects. When you consult your doctor, you will keep all these aspects in the mind to suggest a treatment option. The location, cut, size, and depth of the wound matter a lot. Some other things that matter include ethnicity, gender, genes, and age.
Types of Scars?
Do you know that scars appear in different forms? Not every person is having some type of scar. So, what type of scar you or any of your loved ones is suffering from? The following are the basic types of scars for your information.
- Acne scars – this type of scars is one of the most common types. If you are suffering from severe acne, then you may get on your skin. You may get deep, wavelike, or angular scars.
- Keloid scars – if you have gone through a traumatic event or a severe injury, then the healing procedure may result in the form of a scar. This type of scars is known as keloid scars. They may extend from the actual injury area. Some of the treatment options may include silicone sheets, steroid injections, surgery, or cryotherapy. You may also take some preventive measures to avoid. If you are having dark skin, then there is an increased chance of getting them.
- Hypertrophic scars – another type of scars are hypertrophic scars. They seem red and raised. They are just similar to the keloid scars in the appearance. They share the same properties of extending from the actual injury area just like keloid scars.
- Contracture scars – this type of appearance when you have burned your skin. In the case of forming such a scar, your skin of the targeted area can be tightened and you feel difficulty in movement. Such scars may affect your nerves and muscles.
Possible Scar Removal Treatments
The following are some treatment options that can help you in treating scars.
- Injections – if scars stick to your skin (such as hypertrophic or keloids) then you may go for steroid injections. A combination of treatment with this method can also be helpful. Hence, this treatment method doesn’t provide a permanent solution for scar removal, but still, it is being.
- Topical Medicines (Gels, Ointments, or creams) – if you have scars because of wounds, injuries, or other cuts, then you should use ointments or gels on them. It helps you in healing. Don’t use any creams or ointments without a doctor’s prescription. Ask your surgeon, if you are already under the care of a surgeon. He will prescribe you which product is better for your scar removal. Usually, specific types of ingredients and steroids are included in such topical products which may be sensitive to your skin. You should also get a preventive plan from your doctor.
- Surgical removal – another treatment procedure is surgical scar removal. It is recommended when you have deeper scars on the basis of the specific case. Surgical or minimally invasive methods include laser, dermabrasion, excision, and skin grafts. Your doctor will analyze your skin and the nature of the scar to perform the procedure.
Note: whatever the procedure is recommended, your doctor will prescribe you before and after instructions that are important to follow. These instructions will assist you in getting boosted and optimal results and quick recovery.
Before getting the treatment, you may want to get to know what benefits you will get after opting for scar removal treatment.
- You will be able to get rid of big scars.
- It penetrates your inner skin by reaching deep layers of the skin.
- You will be able to get quick results by choosing the right treatment option.
- You will get a boost in confidence.
- You may have increased chances of success if you are doing a job that needs to show off your skin.
Now, you know a number of treatment options, different types of scars, and other related aspects, you will be able to make a wise decision. When you visit your doctor or plastic surgeon, let him know your concerns and goals, he will check your skin and let you know which treatment option for scar removal in Dubai will be best for you.
If you have an issue with the budget, you may ask your health insurance provider if any plan covers the treatment. In most cases, you have to pay the complete amount, but in some cases, you may get benefit from the insurance. It is the matter of your skin and well-being, so don’t ignore it and go ahead to get better treatment. Defeat the issue before it gets worse.