Are you looking for a middle year curriculum that can serve as a foundation programme for your child’s higher studies in future?.
Cambridge Lower Secondary Programme (CLSP) is a sought-after curriculum for 11 to 14 years students that can give a great head start. It is adopted by 2500 schools in over 130 countries.
This program is designed by CAIE, a non-profit organisation, (a part of the University of Cambridge) in order to deliver high-quality educational programmes to help students unlock their potential.
Why should students choose CLSP?
- Since the CLSP holds recognition all over the world, they can have an edge over others in their higher education and career.
- CLSP offers the flexibility of choosing subjects based on their interest and career goals.
- Tokyo International School uses modern pedagogy techniques which help in the development of critical thinking and problem-solving skills in students.
- Strong assessment mechanisms highlight the strengths and weaknesses of students
- Students develop skills and understanding in four areas; reading, writing, communication and listening.
- It is helpful for students who want to choose International Curricula.
- It improves the learner’s creative thinking, application of knowledge and problem-solving skills.
- It lays a good foundation for the IGCSE curriculum.
- CSLP provides a challenging and exciting environment where students develop a love for lifelong learning.
How is the programme taught?
An integrated approach is used to teach the four skills using a broad range of activities that promotes experience, reflection and improvement.
Teachers of Tokyo International School hold years of experience along with professional degrees and knowledge. The unique pedagogy and use of technology help students to achieve their highest intellectual levels and become well-rounded global citizens.
- Environmental Management
- Business studies
- English as a Second Language
- Language 2 – French/ Hindi/ Tamil
- Computer Science
- Physical Education
- Global Perspectives
Students whose primary language is English can go for this subject where it covers reading, listening, writing, and communication. English is essential for all students so that they can collaborate and work with other people efficiently.
Tokyo International School focuses on six areas of mathematics; number, algebra, geometry, measure, handling data and problem-solving.
Here students are taught how to use principles, functions etc which help them to apply their mathematical knowledge and develop a holistic understanding of the subject. Students learn to think and work mathematically and view the world in a mathematical way.
English as a second language
This subject is for students whose primary language is not English where students are taught to communicate with confidence.
It involves research, analysis, collaboration, and communication on global issues which improves students’ perspectives immensely.
ICT means Information and Communication Technology where students are assessed for their ability to use various software, knowledge and information regarding the latest technology and solutions they bring to the table to solve particular issues.
With this subject, students acquire various skills like computer literacy, computer programming, word processing, digital graphics, presentations, video/animation, eSafety etc and understand the impact of technology on our daily lives.
CLSP focuses on Physical Education in order to establish the foundation of living an active and healthy life and teaches how to balance mental stress caused during high school years.
Here students are taught to be curious about the natural world around them.
It has 4 content areas;
Scientific enquiry:- where students consider ideas, evaluate and analyse
The other 3 areas; Biology, Chemistry, Physics focus on developing confidence and interest in scientific knowledge.
Why Tokyo International School?
Tokyo International School is the top institute in Tokyo due to the excellent consistent results of its students over the years.
CLSP is a flexible and balanced curriculum perfect for students of all intellectual abilities. Students are regularly assessed to know their strengths and weaknesses and are guided accordingly with the best resources and training.
Along with that, it is known for various other reasons:-
- 9 GEMS
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Co-Curricular Activities
- Value Added Programme
Students get to study an internationally recognised course under the guidance of experienced teachers, at an affordable fee. Teachers of Tokyo International School are selected based on their credentials and their teaching methodology and most of them are IGCSE certified and highly qualified to teach CLSP courses.
Tokyo school’s CLSP curriculum complements the 9Gems Holistic Framework
which encourages academic and sports excellence focuses on key areas like visual and performing arts, personality development, innovation and creativity, entrepreneurship and leadership, universal value and ethics, community care and skill development.
Here the assessment is done to know how students have acquired the knowledge during the course and its application in real life which also helps students to understand their own strengths and weaknesses.
- Computer-based assessments are done to check students’ learning needs.
- Teachers feedback session, where students get feedback as to how they can improve their performance.
- Progression Tests where students’ knowledge, skills and understanding are assessed.
- Checkpoint is an external test by Cambridge examiners to grade individual and group performance at the end of the programme.
- A final report has detailed and structured reporting of the student’s performance.
CLSP from Tokyo International School provides a strong foundation to students who want to pursue any high studies as they learn how to use knowledge and a competence-based approach.
Education is not about acquiring knowledge but it is about how to implement it in real-life situations. CLSP takes education to the next level by encouraging students to use their learning to solve daily life challenges.