Who doesn’t want to grow flowers, whether it is in your house garden, terrace or a spacious farm. Different flowers with different colours, varieties, fragrances and sizes, can attract anyone. We would even saw many of the flower farms, where they particularly grow flowers. We all know about flowers and varieties, but to some extent. It mainly includes rose, tulip, marigold, sunflower, etc., but there are so many varieties of flowers, which we don’t even know. The process of flower farming, called floriculture, is very common in India. But this planting process may vary according to the different regions.
What is Floriculture?
Floriculture, or flower farming, is a method of agriculture concerned with cultivating flowering and ornamental plants for gardens and floristry, including the floral industry. The development by plant breeding of new varieties is a primary job of floriculturists.
Every agriculture activity needs cultivation, and it depends on the factors. But one thing remains constant in agriculture, a farm vehicle. Yes, it can be small, big and other, but it is necessary. So on the time to cultivate, farmers choose Mahindra 275 tractor for profitable and productive farming. This tractor gives them full satisfaction and lives up to their expectations.
Business Plan For Flower Farming
Flower farming has become one of the most popular businesses nowadays. If you enjoy gardening and want to make more profit, a flower farming business would be better. You can start it in your small garden, or if you have a good investment and want to earn a higher return, so you can start farming in the farms. Flower farming is one of the best ideas to start an agriculture business. Many persons have a question in their mind, how to start a floral business. Before taking any step, you have to keep some steps regarding business in your mind.
Plan your business
Before starting any business, you need to plan everything. For example, to keep your flower fresh and long-term life, you require a refrigerator with a freezer and other perspectives or methods you need to keep in mind. You should also analyze the human resources requirements you might need to manage the floral arrangement and delivery. Finally, get proper mentoring before starting the business, as this business requires a lot of knowledge.
Choose Flower To Cultivate The Farm
Your main purpose is to earn a higher profit. So choose the flowers according to the demand in the market. Some flowers are certain to a particular climate and occasion. It would help if you separated them accordingly to help your customers make an informed decision and provide them quality for money. In addition, you have to choose the best farm machinery to cultivate the farms. In a survey, mainly farmers prefer the Mahindra 265 tractor to cultivate. It is because they believe in the productivity of farms and never compromise with it.
Top Varieties Of Business Flower In India
There are so many varieties of flowers in India. But here we are considering some flower varieties for farming purposes.
- Rose is a permanent shrub or vine and belongs to the Rosaceae family.
- The rose produces well in the plains under the perfect condition of fertile loamy soils with salt-free water.
- You can pick the flowers at the tight bud stage when the colour is fully developed.
- The sunflower is a common flower, but it is the national flower of Russia and the state flower of Kansas, USA.
- It grows well in the soil with lots of water holding capacity, drainage, and compost.
- South Africa, North Carolina, the USA, and India are the significant producers of tuberose.
- Tuberose plants can grow on a wide range of soils, even in acidity or alkalinity soils to some extent.
- It prefers full sun but will settle for less. To produce large tulips for sale in quantities, you should lift, divide, and store bulbs each June.
- The flowers have good and higher revenue returns.
- Violets typically grow with heart-shaped leaves and asymmetrical flowers.
- Violet farming needs a site with full sun to light shade.
- Provide water only enough. However, they love cool conditions and don’t need a lot of water.
- Zinnia comes as colourful and long-lasting flowers.
- Zinnia farming is one of the best floriculture businesses that you can grow with small capital investment.
- It requires regular watering with enough care and supervision. There are many things to be done in this profitable sector.
- Alstroemeria flowers have no fragrance. You can find at least 50 varieties around the globe. However, it has a jar life of around two weeks.
- It needs full sun and drained soil for farming. This flower is also famous as Peruvian Lily or Lily of the Incas, or Parrot Lily.
- There are 120 varieties in the Anemone genus. It is a wild plant and grows in many European countries, North America, and Japan.
- The plant needs enough fertile soil in a delicately shaded or sunny location.
- To place a deep, vast root system, you should rinse in the early days of planting.
- Carnation is very popular as “The Flowers of God”. The flower comes in many colours.
- This flower needs some hours of full sun rays every day with moist soil conditions and avoids over-watering.
- Daffodils are excellent for adapting, with strong growth, long life and an excess of flowers. In addition, they are easy growing flowers.
- Due to the special and pleasant fragrance, it is used as hand creams, shampoos, candles, etc. However, flowers are widely used in wedding garlands. It is because you can find many daffodils such as pink, white, mauve, etc.
For more information about farming, stay connected with Tractor Junction.