Thin or thinning hair is a prevalent condition nowadays. Many men frequently experience hair loss from male pattern baldness; on the other hand both women and men may experience thin hair in their lifetime.
Thinning hair could be caused by:
- Age factor
- poor diet
- overuse of commercial hair products
- reactions or allergies to chemicals
Irrespective to the cause of thin hair, it may well be possible to help your hair look naturally thicker by using routine products. These methods should not be used as an alternate treatment for underlying conditions that may be causing the thin hair; these conditions can be a nutritional deficiency or alopecia. But you are suffering from genetic hair loss problems then the only treatment is Hair transplant.
The natural treatments listed below may help you to thicken your thin hair.
There is a wide variety of natural ways to thicken thinning hair, but results of these home remedies may be different from person to person.
These home remedies to make hair look thicker include:
Eggs are enriched with protein, which is crucial for the body to build strong and thick hair. If you use egg treatment regularly, it may help thicken and strengthen your hair.
To use an egg treatment:
- beat 1 or 2 eggs
- apply the mixture to the scalp and damp hair
- leave the eggs mixture on the scalp for about half an hour
- then wash hair thoroughly with warm water and mild shampoo
Alternately, combine the eggs with any oil. To use this method:
- mix egg yolks with olive oil and water
- apply the mixture to the scalp and dry hair
- leave the mixture for 15 minutes
- then wash hair with warm water and shampoo
Using an egg treatment once or twice a week might be very helpful in strengthening the hair.
2. Olive oil
Olive oil is filled with omega3 acids and other vital nutrients that are necessary for overall health, including hair health. When olive oil is applied directly to the scalp and hair, it helps to promote thicker hair.
Olive oil also has the supplementary benefit of softening the hair and relieving dry scalp.
To use olive oil:
- heat the oil to a normal body temperature
- massage your scalp and hair with this warm oil
- leave the oil in hair for about 30 to 45 minutes
- then wash your hair with mild shampoo
3. Proper nutrition
A healthy diet that contains nourishing fats, protein, and a range of vitamins can be very helpful in making thinner hair to look thicker. In fact, thin hair can be an indication that a person is not getting adequate nutrients.
Nutrient-rich foods along with their benefits are as follows:
- salmon, because it is high in protein and fatty acids
- eggs, contain protein, omega3, and iron
- walnuts, almonds, and other nuts, are very good sources of fatty acids
- Greek yogurt, a good source of protein
- green, black, and other beans, also contain protein
A person should consume 1 or 2 servings of these nutrient rich foods to their daily diet.
4. Orange puree
The Vitamin C, pectin, and acid in oranges are helpful in improving hair’s natural shine, which makes the hair look thicker. The acid in oranges helps break apart deposit left from hair products as these deposits may possibly hamper the hair growth. Orange puree has a pleasing fragrance that makes the treatment more enjoyable.
A person can use orange puree as a hair treatment by mixing fresh oranges in to a blender and then massaging the puree into the hair and scalp. Leave the puree on the hair for about 1 hour then rinse it out by washing your hair with a mild shampoo.
5. Aloe vera gel
A lot of people believe that the Aloe vera plant is useful for the skin, scalp, and hair. Applying aloe vera oil or gel directly to the hair and scalp may help strengthen the hair and thicken it over time. Several products are readily available which contain aloe vera as an active ingredient.
You can try rubbing some pure aloe gel into the scalp and leaving it for half an hour before washing hair. Some people also mix the aloe vera gel with coconut or olive oil. You can use this treatment for 1 or 2 times every week.
Avocado is rich in vitamin E, and many people believe it as a good moisturizer. Simply make avocado rub and apply it on the scalp twice a week.
To make an avocado rub:
- combine pulp of 1 avocado with 1 tbsp. olive oil
- apply this mixture to your hair and scalp
- leave it for about 30 minutes
- wash thoroughly with shampoo
7. Castor Oil
Castor oil is also high in vitamin E and other fatty acids. Vitamin E is known for supporting hair health. Castor oil is easy to apply to the hair with no groundwork. Simply, massage the scalp with castor oil until the hair is covered. Leave the oil on the head for about 30 minutes then wash it out with shampoo.