If your job is to sit all day, then you are bound to have back and back pain. Due to this, fat also starts to accumulate on your buttocks and thighs. That is why it is very important that you practice Setubandhasana. It makes your spine straight and flexible as well as does not allow your shoulders to bend.
Setubandhasana is also known as Bridge Pose. This is one such yoga posture that is helpful in the treatment of thyroid, back pain, neck pain, nervous system, and many more problems.
While doing Setubandhasana, the posture of the body looks like a bridge, that is why it is called Setubandhasana. This asana is done in the morning on an empty stomach. Let us know in detail,
If you want to keep your body healthy as well as willing to learn different types of yoga then you can learn Rishikesh Yoga Teacher Training Center, India.
Benefits for Setubandhasana:
- Setubandhasana is very beneficial for the back, it strengthens the back muscles.
- Its regular practice is helpful in relaxing the back muscles.
- This creates a good stretch in the chest and neck, as well as benefits in the thyroid.
- This makes the digestion process smooth. It also opens up the lungs.
- It helps in reducing your stress and makes the mind worry-free.
- It gives relief from pain during menstruation.
- Patients of high blood pressure, sinus, and asthma get benefit from doing this.
- Neck tension is relieved by this yoga posture.
- This makes the legs strong. People who hurt their feet a lot must do it.
- This asana is effective in strengthening the buttocks.
- It is good for the mind and is helpful in reducing depression and anxiety.
- People who have some headache problem, they get benefit by doing this.
- This removes the excess fat stored on the stomach.
- By doing this in pregnancy and after delivery, women do not have problems like back pain. But yes it should not be done in the last stages of pregnancy.
How to make it?
- To do Setubandhasana, first of all, lie down on your back in a flat place. After this bend both your knees. You have to keep your knees and feet in line. Keep a distance of at least 10 to 12 inches between your two feet.
- Keep your hands parallel to the body and keep the palms on the ground. After this, while inhaling, slowly lift your lower back, middle, and then upper back off the ground; And bring your shoulders inwards.
- Bring your little one to your chest, supporting your weight with your hands and feet. Both the thighs will remain together during this time. If you are having trouble, try to lift the upper part of the body by pressing the hands on the ground and support your waist with your hands. Remain in this position for 1-2 minutes and while exhaling come out of the posture.
Above you have known Setu Bandhasana Benefits: Setubandhasana is very beneficial for our bodies. But whenever you practice yoga, learn and do it according to the instructions of a yoga instructor. Also, if you have a stomach ulcer problem then do not do it. Apart from this, in case of any kind of physical dilemma, first, contact your doctor and then practice this yoga. Even a child younger than nine years must do it.