Breaking News

HGV driver training in Coventry

Why C+E Licence is Essential to Obtain

The highest qualification for HGV driving is the HGV Category C+E licence, which is often referred to as the Class 1 licence. For experienced HGV drivers looking to advance in their careers and gain more experience, it’s a fantastic alternative.

A Category C licence might be the best option for someone looking to start driving HGVs, but a Category C+E licence will really help you advance in your career, increase your earning potential, and find new work options.

Requirements to Obtain a C+E Licence

Some of the basic requirements of a C+E licence are as follows:

  • Make sure that you are above eighteen.
  • Make sure to hold a U.K. government-approved car driving licence.
  • With just a few days of training on your Cat-C and additional training on your C+E, you can now proceed directly to your C+E licence. This can be completed in a single course with a single final exam. It is now possible to apply simultaneously for Category C and Category C+E privileges while submitting an application for a provisional licence.
  • The ‘E’ entitlement—which allows you to tow a caravan weighing more than 750 kg—must be added to your licence after passing a practical driving test.

Training programmes are offered by HGV training providers across the country and can be finished in as little as four to five days. So now it is easy for you to find HGV driver training in Coventry.

What After Getting a C+E Licence?

You can operate a vehicle weighing more than 3,500 kg with a detachable trailer weighing more than 750 kg if you have a Category C+E licence. Drivers holding this licence are authorised to operate two different kinds of vehicles and can tow a total of 44 tonnes in weight:

  1. Often referred to as an artic, a fully articulated lorry is a combination of a tractor unit and a long trailer.
  1. Drawbar, sometimes referred to as ‘wagon and drag’, is a combination of a trailer and a rigid vehicle.

Frequently Asked Questions

What do the UK Driving Licence’s C and E Stand For?

The most thorough HGV licence that you may obtain is a category C + E licence. Drivers can operate an articulated vehicle (artic) or drawbar with this licence. The entitlement indicated by the letter E in the category C and E licence indicates that the bearer may weigh up to or more than 750 kg.

What is a Cat C Licence?

Drivers with a category C licence can operate vehicles weighing more than 3.5 tonnes, although they are limited to 32 tonnes. Vehicles with a trailer permanently attached to the cab usually need a Class 2 licence, often known as a Category C licence. Put another way, a rigid vehicle or what we would refer to as a “standard lorry.”

In the UK, What is a Class 1 Driver?

HGV drivers are permitted to operate vehicles in categories C and E of the UK driver’s licence, including articulated lorries, if they possess a Class 1 licence. This implies that you are able to operate any HGV vehicle with a detachable trailer that weighs more than 7.5 tonnes.